Reactome Announcement: Improved Reactome browser released

D'Eustachio, Peter Peter.D'Eustachio at nyumc.org
Wed Oct 14 11:57:01 EDT 2015

The Reactome team announces the release of our new pathway browser, accessible through our web site<http://www.reactome.org/PathwayBrowser/>. The browser provides faster and more reliable navigation of our content and better access to our analysis tools. Improvements include improved and customizable color schemes, and the ability to search for terms within an individual pathway diagram using names, gene names and identifiers including identifiers for molecules hidden within complexes and molecule sets displayed in the diagram. The browser "back" and "forward" buttons allow the user to review every selection made to reach the current view. The level of detail shown in diagrams is zoom-dependent, so recurring small molecules like ATP and water fade out and colored overlays appear to identify subpathways appear as the user zooms out, providing a more legible and informative overview. Here's PIP activation of AKT<http://www.reactome.org/PathwayBrowser/#/R-HSA-1257604&PATH=R-HSA-162582>, zoomed out:
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D10677.5C527E00]
and zoomed in to show details of the subpathway,  AKT phosphorylates targets in the nucleus<http://www.reactome.org/PathwayBrowser/#/R-HSA-1257604&SEL=198693&PATH=R-HSA-162582>:
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D10677.5C527E00]
Right-clicking on a complex or set in the diagram opens a contextual information panel that lists the molecules within it, as shown for the Phospho-Forkhead box transcription factor complex.
A brief video tour of the browser<https://youtu.be/ogJn_pgEjHY> is available and you can contact us with questions and comments at help at reactome.org<mailto:help at reactome.org>.

This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender by return email and delete the original message. Please note, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The organization accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.